Learn how Embarcadero’s newly released free Python modules bring the power and flexibility of Delphi’s GUI frameworks to Python. VCL and FireMonkey (FMX) are mature GUI libraries. VCL is focused on native Windows development, while FireMonkey brings a powerful flexible GUI framework to Windows, Linux, macOS, and even Android. This webinar will introduce you to these new free Python modules and how you can use them to build graphical users interfaces with Python. Part 2 will show you how to target Android GUI applications with Python!
What functionality does Python 4 Delphi provide?
- Low-level access to the python API
- High-level bi-directional interaction with Python
- Access to Python objects using Delphi custom variants (VarPyth.pas)
- Wrapping of Delphi objects for use in python scripts using RTTI (WrapDelphi.pas)
- Creating python extension modules with Delphi classes and functions
P4D makes it very easy to use python as a scripting language for Delphi applications. It also comes with an extensive range of demos and tutorials.
The best way to learn about how to use Python for Delphi is to try the extensive range of demos available. Also studying the unit tests for VarPyth and WrapDelphi can help understand what is possible with these two units.