DelphiVCL.Strings or TStrings is the base class for objects that represent a list of strings.
Use DelphiVCL.Strings or TStrings to store and manipulate a list of strings.
Descendants of TStrings can represent several individual strings, such as the individual lines that appear in a list box. Some objects use descendants of TStrings to represent one long body of the text so that it can be manipulated in smaller chunks.
TStrings introduces many properties and methods to:
- Add or delete strings at specified positions in the list.
- Rearrange the strings in the list.
- Access the string at a particular location.
- Read the strings from or write the strings to a file or stream.
- Associate an object with each string in the list.
- Store and retrieve strings as name-value pairs.
Browse all the properties, methods, and built-in properties of the DelphiVCL.Strings using dir() command:
See the responses in our Windows command prompt: